Sunday, December 11, 2011

One Less

As the clock on the wall ticks toward my bedtime, halfway around the world my friend Robyn prepares to meet her daughter.  In two short hours she'll gather her youngest in her arms for the very first time.  This moment has been 11 months in the making.  Little Grace has no idea how her life is about to change.  Her differences-- the unique genetic traits that caused her to be orphaned in her own country-- are the exact same qualities that have caused her family to work and pray toward this day.  Grace is leaving a culture who views her lack of pigment as a curse; she is gaining a family who understands the value of her life... a Forever Family  who will celebrate all of the things that make her uniquely Grace.

So with thoughts of Robyn and Grace on my heart, I'll lay my head on my pillow and thank God that there's One Less Orphan in the World Tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Sooo AWESOME!! :)))) I would LOVE to see pictures, when you get them! :)

    ReplyDelete