Monday, December 5, 2011

Slow moving in the paperwork area...

I've watched the Feedjit bar on my blog and know many of you are checking to see what's up with us, so I guess I'd better update...

The saying "no news is good news" may not hold true in this case.  We're still waiting on the final background check to arrive from a state I won't mention by name right now.  Each of my calls has been met with the standard "it's our busy time right now... give it a few more days" and "it should be done today or tomorrow".  We've had almost a week of tomorrows since I got that response and it's still not done.  I obviously don't understand what all goes into background checks.  I thought a data base was searched based on your name, SSN, etc.  If that's the case, then why the backlog?  It's computerized!!!  It should be able to be done quite quickly since it does not involve someone sitting down and paging through a stack of paper files and every police report from the past 20 years.  Like I said, I obviously don't understand the process.

I was pleasantly surprised to have an actual person answer the phone when I called the apostille's office last week.  The lady was extremely helpful and as of Friday, there was only a 3 day wait for documents to be processed.  I continue to live in the hope that our documents can be completed, sent to EE, translated, and delivered to the Minister of Education before Christmas.  That would be a Christmas miracle!  Come-on (unnamed state), help us out with this one!!!

Speaking of Christmas miracles... Wednesday, my friend Robyn will be flying to China to bring home their little girl and return home Christmas Eve.  I'm so excited for them.  I'm also thankful for the many people who are stepping up to support Robyn's family during this time.  This anticipation and ministering to their family helps make our wait easier.  I have another friend who's in the process of praying about adopting and from what she's said, it's been good for her too.  We're not meant to live our lives alone... we were created for community... and I've certainly been blessed with a great community!

Hopefully my next post will say our background check is finished and we can move on to the next phase of this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment