- He is a little boy who knows who his Daddy and Mommy are. He is strongly attached and shows no fear of abandonment. (This is HUGE for a child who spent his first 4+ years in an orphanage.)
- He's topping the scale at 34.5# (a gain of 11.5#) and now stands 37" (an EIGHT inch growth!). He, most likely, will soon be our middle child in both age and size.
- Needless to say, he came home in 18 month clothing and now fills out a 3T.
- His vision has been corrected with the addition of glasses.
- He's lost his adenoids, but gained ear tubes.
- The 4 teeth that were missing at homecoming have now appeared and it looks like at least 1/3 of our boys has braces in his future.
- This little one knows Mommy's kisses cure a multitude of injuries and willingly seeks them when bumps and bruises occur. (Again, this is especially important in a child who has been institutionalized.)
- He is the most enthusiastic waiver when Daddy leaves in the morning and returns in the evening.
- Spoken language is slowly progressing. Immediate family best understands his combination of signs and words.
- He has an amazing comprehension of both verbal and non-verbal language.
- He's a typical American boy... he loves imitating someone if they burp, and just the other day laughed when his brother said "butt cheek".
- The boy has opinions and isn't afraid to express them.
... just as God planned.
Son. Brother. Friend. Loved.