Thursday, January 19, 2012

Wait - Waiting - Waited

As much as I'd like to think otherwise, I pretty much stink at waiting.  You'd think a girl who waited until her third decade for Mr. Right to come along would have gotten good at waiting by now, but it's just not so.

I realize that checking my email dozens of times a day is like repetitively pushing the button while waiting for an elevator... it doesn't speed anything up.  But push  we must!

Before you go throwing a pitty party for me and a wait that seems to be dragging on, stop and think about all of the children waiting  in orphanages around the world.  In the grand scheme of things, our wait is short.  Our dossier will soon be registered and we'll receive our travel dates.  Yes, there will be more waiting  for a court date then another wait until we can actually bring our little boy home.  But in the end, that's exactly where that little guy will be... HOME.

Hop over to Reece's Rainbow's list of waiting children.  Take time to look at their faces and read their stories.  These kids have been waiting  their entire lifetime.

I'm not going to lie.  International adoption is neither easy nor cheap.  But it can be done.
Merriam-Webster defines Ransom  as "a consideration paid for the release of someone from captivity".  This ransom is paid in many ways, not just monetary fees.  These "considerations" include mountains of paperwork, adoption prep classes, travel, time away from children & family at home, all of the messiness of life after institutionalization, and yes... waiting.  All are small prices to pay for freedom.

Today I am choosing to believe and claim God's timing and purpose in our wait.  It seems like a no-brainer because He is God afterall... of course He knows best and is in control of the timing.  But this is a shift of focus from me and my ideas of timing and to God and His perfect will for the timing. 

Will I continue to check my email?  sure.   But I'll do so with a renewed commitment of trusting God's timing.

1 comment:

  1. I hate waiting - and adoption waiting is worse than regular waiting. Everyone should have the same sense of urgency that you do to bring your son home. Sadly I have only met a few that do. Praying for fast everything for your Little Dude.

    ReplyDelete