Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Our Posse

I want to tell you about a group of friends.  They've affectionately become known as "Our Posse" (Dave's doing).  I was really torn about publicly sharing about these friends before now, but since Dave outted them Sunday evening at our church's Body Life Update, I guess I'll blog.

[On a side note, our church has semi-annual Body Life Updates.  During this time, people are asked to share how God's been working and how they have been ministered to within our church body.  Pastor Jon asked us to share and we agreed that we would be remiss if we didn't take time to publicly acknowledge God working and ministering to us via Our Posse.]

My reluctance in sharing before now has to do with this.  I have treasured the intimacy with this group and tucked it's richness into the depths of my heart, only to pull it out and remember at "just the right times".

So here's the deal:
The Thursday before we left for court, a group friends-- those closest to us as we wade through the adoption waters-- gathered for pizza and prayer at our friends Marc and Kim's house.
I struggle to put that evening into words... sweet. intimate. deep.  These friends prayed with far more insight and awareness than I thought possible.  At the time, we had no idea the far-reaching effects of their petitions.  That is, until we walked into court one week later...

On Thursday, May 24, we stepped into the courtroom with the full confidence we had been not only been covered, but saturated with prayer.  As the judge took his seat at the bench, I had to supress a smile; I had visions the judge sitting there, surrounded by Our Posse.

"Our Posse"

This group... this menagerie of friends... all united in praying home one very special little boy... our boy... our son.  As I look at this photo and reflect on each one present, the tears flow freely.  God, in His sovereignty, has woven together the details.  Our paths and lives that have intersected "for such a time as this".  How?  I don't know.  My only answer:  But God... 


No comments:

Post a Comment